1. Power connection method:
The general voltage of LED light strip is DC 12V, so it needs to use a switching power supply. The size of the power supply is determined according to the power and connection length of the LED light strip. If you don’t want each LED strip to be controlled by a power supply, you can buy a relatively large switching power supply as the total power supply, and then connect all the LED strip input power sources in parallel (if the wire size is not enough, you can extend it additionally), It is powered by the main switching power supply. The advantage of this is that it can be controlled centrally. The inconvenience is that the lighting effect and switch control of a single LED strip cannot be realized. The specific method can be measured by yourself.
2. There is a "scissors" mark for each meter: it can only be cut when the mark is marked. A wrong cut or cut will result in a meter not bright! It is best to carefully look at the mark position before cutting and cut the place where there is no connection in the middle. .
3. Pay attention to the connection distance of the LED strip:
Generally speaking, the longest connection distance of 3528 series LED light strips is 20 meters, and the longest connection distance of 5050 series LED light strips is 15 meters. If the connection distance is exceeded, the LED light strip will easily heat up, which will affect the service life of the LED light strip during use. Therefore, when installing, it must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's requirements, and the LED lights must not be overloaded.
4. Each light strip must be equipped with a special plug (plug with a transformer), and the transparent plastic cover must be removed when connecting, and then the test light must be connected and then closed. Do not connect directly with a cover, so that it is easy to short-circuit!
5. Outdoor installation:
Outdoor installation will be exposed to wind and rain. If 3M glue is used to fix it, the 3M glue will decrease over time and cause the LED strip to fall off. Therefore, outdoor installation often adopts a card slot fixing method, which requires cutting and connection. The method is the same as indoor installation, but it needs to be equipped with waterproof glue to consolidate the waterproof effect of the connection point.
6. Indoor installation:
When LED light strips are used for interior decoration, they do not have to withstand wind and rain, so the installation is very simple. There is a self-adhesive 3M double-sided tape on the back of each LED light strip. When installing, you can directly remove the sticker on the surface of the 3M double-sided tape, and then fix the light strip on the place where it needs to be installed. Just press it flat by hand. As for some places that require corners or are long, what should I do? Very simple, the LED light strip is a circuit structure composed of 3 LEDs in series and parallel, and each 3 LEDs can be cut and used individually.
7. Controller connection mode:
LED marquee strips and RGB full-color light strips need to use controllers to achieve variable effects, and the control distance of each controller is different. Generally speaking, the control distance of a simple controller is 10 to 15 meters, and the control distance of a remote controller is 10 to 15 meters. The control distance is 15 to 20 meters, and the longest distance can be controlled up to 30 meters. If the connection distance of the LED strip is long, and the controller cannot control that long strip, then a power amplifier is needed for tapping.
8. When installing the light strip, it is usually placed in the light trough and just straightened, or it can be fixed with a string or thin iron wire. If external or vertical installation is required, clips and tail plugs need to be purchased separately. The original clip is completely transparent. If it is installed outdoors, it is best to put waterproof glass glue on the tail plug and plug after installation, so that the waterproof performance is better.
When installing the LED light strip, be sure to follow the concise product instructions and use the correct method to install it. If excessive twisting or incorrect installation methods are used, it will easily cause damage to the light strip, reduce the life of the light strip or even cause it If the light strip is not bright, it is not conducive to the maintenance of the light strip. Consumers must pay attention to the above points when installing the light strip.